SEPAC’s Military and Defense Capabilities
At SEPAC, we’re committed to creating high-quality clutches and brakes for defense and military applications. We offer a variety of different electromagnetic clutches and brakes, including both power-off and power-on designs for the safest and most reliable operation for any piece of equipment.
We can meet exacting mil-spec standards regarding the build and performance of military brake and clutch systems, including:
- Size. We produce a wide range of sizes while maintaining excellent torque to size ratios. We can also customize the size of the bores and splines of any hardware to meet the needs of your unique application.
- Torque. We can meet high torque requirements, even with relatively small clutches and brakes. Our engineers can incorporate additional friction discs, self-locking teeth, and other mechanisms to meet your torque capacity needs.
- Backlash. Our electromagnetic brake systems can be designed to offer zero-backlash operation while still delivering fast response times for smooth equipment handling. For example, our throttle control actuator systems have low backlash without sacrificing torque for unmanned and assisted aircraft systems.
- Environment. Environmental factors often play a part in the design criteria and are crucial to consider for any military brake and clutch system
At SEPAC, we understand how critical it is to have zero-failure equipment in every military and defense system. We’re committed to creating quality designs that our clients and military personnel can rely on for any operation.
SEPAC’s Military and Defense Applications
High-quality clutch and brake systems have a role in every branch of the military across diverse applications and end-use environments. Some of the military and defense applications we build custom systems for include:
Aircraft and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- Thrust reverser actuation systems
- Horizontal stabilizer trim actuation systems
- Flap actuators
- Throttle controls actuators
- Autopilot control actuation systems
- Cargo bay actuators
- Winch systems
- Unmanned turrets
- Elevation drives
- Fin control actuation systems (FCAS)
- Azimuth drives
- Remote weapons station actuators
- Ammunition handling control systems
- Submarine valve actuators
- Radar pedestals and dishes
- AGVs and robots
- Missile control actuators
- Missile launchers
Top 12 Application Criteria
When determining the right clutch or brake for your application, there are various application criteria that must be considered to ensure the proper selection. Click below to access our Top 12 application criteria to consider when choosing a clutch or brake for your next design.Download Now
SEPAC engaged with a military aerospace system manufacturer to design and manufacture a high performance tooth clutch for a major attack helicopter platform.Contact Us To Learn More >
Due to extreme shock and vibration requirements, as well as harsh environmental conditions, SEPAC’s standard tooth clutch technology had to be adjusted to support new goals. The client’s primary design criteria was a performance profile that would help ensure the safety of the crew and passengers, while delivering 100% mission success.Contact Us To Learn More >
A robust development program led to prototype testing and ultimately, certification of flight worthiness. New tooth configurations were utilized in conjunction with new combinations of materials and finishes to produce a clutch that currently has a 0% return rate for warranty issues.Contact Us To Learn More >
SEPAC’s participation in this platform upgrade has allowed our employees, partners and suppliers to proudly share in the results. Documentation from early trials provides evidence that the new model has increased survivability (sevenfold) and lethality (fourfold) as compared to the earlier model.Contact Us To Learn More >
The following SEPAC products are commonly found in a variety of Military & Defense applications. Please click learn more to view our available standard catalog across these products.